No sound from surround or
No sound from subwoofer.
Noise during playback of a
No sound is output or a noise
is output when software with
DTS is played back.
During a playback search,
noise is output from a DTS
compatible CD player.
Can't operate the remote
The display is dark or off.
Resetting the main unit
Use this procedure to reset all the receiver's
settings to the factory default. Use the front
panel controls to do this.
Switch the receiver into standby.
While holding down the TONE button,
press and hold the
for about three seconds.
When you see RESET? appear in the
display, press the ENTER button.
OK? shows in the display.
Press SETUP to confirm.
OK appears in the display to indicate that the
receiver has been reset to the factory default
• Connect the speakers properly.
• Refer to Channel level on page 23 to check the speaker levels.
• The Dolby Digital or DTS source you are listening to may not have an
• Switch the LFE Attenuator Setup on page 24 to
• Move the cassette deck further from your receiver, until the noise
• Set the digital volume level of the player to full, or to the neutral
• This is not a malfunction, but be sure to turn the volume down to
prevent the output of loud noise from your speakers.
• Replace the batteries (refer to page 5).
• Operate within 7 m, 30° of the remote sensor on the front panel (refer
to page 5).
• Remove the obstacle or operate from another position.
• Avoid exposing the remote sensor on the front panel to direct light.
• Press DIMMER on the remote control repeatedly to return to the
Cleaning the unit
• Use a polishing cloth or dry cloth to wipe
off dust and dirt.
• When the surface is dirty, wipe with a soft
cloth dipped in some neutral cleanser
diluted five or six times with water, and
wrung out well, and then wipe again with a
dry cloth. Do not use furniture wax or
• Never use thinners, benzine, insecticide
sprays or other chemicals on or near this
unit, since these will corrode the surface.