Some of the following information may
not apply to your particular product;
however, when using telephone
equipment, basic safety precautions
should always be followed to reduce the
risk of fire, electric shock and injury to
persons, including the following:
Read and understand all instructions.
Follow all warnings and instructions
marked on the product.
Unplug this product from the wall
outlet before cleaning. Do not use
liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
Telephones should not be used
while you are in a bathtub, shower
or pool. Immersion of the telephone
or handset in water could cause an
Slots and openings in the cabinet
back or bottom are provided for
ventilation, to protect it from
overheating. These openings must
not be blocked or covered. The
openings should never be blocked by
placing the product on the bed, sofa,
rug, or other similar surface. This
product should not be placed in a
built-in installation unless proper
ventilation is provided.
This product should be operated
only from the type of power source
indicated on the marking label. If you
are not sure of the type of power
supply to your home, consult your
dealer or local power company.
Do not allow anything to rest on the
power cord. Do not locate this
product where the cord will be
abused by persons walking on it.
Do not overload wall outlets and
extension cords as this can result in
the risk of fire or electric shock.
Never push objects of any kind into
this product through cabinet slots as
they may touch dangerous voltage
points or short out parts that could
result in a risk of fire or electric
shock. Never spill liquid of any kind
on the product.
10. To reduce the risk of electric shock,
do not disassemble this product, but
take it to a qualified service
personnel when service or repair
work is required. Opening or
removing covers may expose you to
dangerous voltages or other risks.
Incorrect reassembly can cause
electric shock when the appliance is
11. Do not expose the product to
extreme temperatures such as areas
near a hot radiator or stove or in a
12. Do not place lighted candles,
cigarettes, cigars, etc., on the
13. Never touch uninsulated telephone
wires or terminals unless the
telephone line has been disconnected
at the network interface.
14. Never install or modify telephone
wiring during a lightning storm.
15. Never install telephone jacks in wet
locations unless the jack is
specifically designed for wet
16. Use caution when installing or
modifying telephone lines to prevent
electrical shock and/or fire.
17. Unplug this product from the wall
outlet and refer servicing to qualified
service personnel under the
A. When the power supply cord or
plug is damaged or frayed.
B. If the product has been exposed
to rain or water.
Important Safety Instructions