Thank you for purchasing the Electribe·A EA-1.
The Electribe·A EA-1 is a unique and easy-to-use synthesizer that uses DSP synthesis technology to
help anyone from beginners to hard-core users to produce truly original sounds and phrases.
By using the front panel knobs and keys, you can create analog synthesizer sounds intuitively, and
easily create phrases using these sounds.
The EA-1 is the ideal tool for the musician, DJ, sound creator, or desktop-music user who is looking
for originality in their music.
• The EA-1 features analog synthesizer-like operation that lets you create a versatile range of sounds
using two parts (each part with 2 OSC, 1 Filter, 1 Amp, and 3 Effects). By combining the two
synthesizer parts you can create unique sequenced phrases
• By using an external input as an oscillator, you can use the EA-1 as a filter bank with powerful
resonance. Ring, Sync, and Decimator functions allow oscillators to modulate each other.
• The Motion Sequence function lets you record and loop knob movements, and these can be memo-
rized separately for each part of a pattern.
• You can quickly modify sounds or phrases to change your performance while you play.
• You can create Pattern consisting of a sound for each part and a sequence phrase (up to 64 steps
long), and store up to 256 of these patterns in memory. Furthermore, you can arrange patterns in
the desired playback order and add knob movements etc. to create Songs, and store up to 16 of
these songs in memory.
• Distortion, delay, and chorus/flanger effects are provided for each part.
• A Keyboard function lets you use the sixteen step keys as a keyboard on which to perform.
• Pattern Set Play lets you register sixty-four patterns in the sixteen step keys, and switch patterns as
• Tap tempo and MIDI Clock can be used to synchronize the EA-1's performance with an external
sequencer or turntable etc.
• The EA-1 can be controlled from an external sequencer or keyboard etc., and used as a MIDI ex-
pansion tone generator.
• The MIDI Dump function lets you save data on a computer or external sequencer etc.
About the data you create on the EA-1
Patterns and songs that you create on the EA-1 by editing will return to their un-edited state if you
select a different pattern or song, or turn off the power before performing the Write operation.
If you wish to save an edited pattern, song, or global data, be sure to perform the Write operation.
Even after Writing the edited data, it is still possible to restore all songs and patterns etc. to the factory
settings. (Refer to p.45 "Restoring the factory set data.")