Hints and Tips
Normal Operating Sounds
• You may hear faint gurgling or bubbling sounds when the refrigerant
is pumped through the coils or tubing at the rear, to the cooling
• When the compressor is on, the refrigerant is being pumped round
and you will hear a whirring sound or pulsating noise from the com-
• A thermostat controls the compressor and you will hear a faint click
when the thermostat cuts in and out.
• The ventilator generates air flow whereby noise can be emitted.
To obtain the best performance from your freezer:
• Do not store warm food or evaporating liquids.
• Do not store food uncovered.
• Keep the time between buying chilled food and placing it in your
freezer as short as possible.
• Do not push food together too much, try to allow air to circulate
around each item.
Energy Saving Advice
• Do not install the appliance close to sources of heat, such as a cooker,
dishwasher or radiator.
• Locate the appliance in a cool well ventilated room and make sure
that the air openings of the appliance are not obstructed.
• Always leave warm food to cool down to room temperature before
placing in the freezer.
• Try to avoid keeping the door open for long periods or opening the
door too frequently as warm air will enter the cabinet and cause the
compressor to switch on unnecessarily often.
• Ensure there are no obstructions preventing the door from closing
818 35 95-02/7