Description of the appliance
• In normal operation the current freezer compartment temperature is
displayed (ACTUAL temperature).
• During temperature adjustment, a flashing display of the
temperature selected at the moment occurs (DESIRED temperature).
• In the event that frozen food has been partially or totally defrosted,
perhaps as the result of a lengthy power failure and if the ALARM OFF
button is activated the temperature display will show the warmest
temperature the frozen food has reached on restoration of the power
• If there is a fault in the appliance a square will appear in the temper-
1. The FROSTMATIC function is switched on by pressing the FROSTMATIC
button. The yellow light illuminates. The compressor runs continuously.
2. The FROSTMATIC function can be ended manually at any time by press-
ing the FROSTMATIC button again. The yellow light goes out.
If the FROSTMATIC function is not ended manually, the appliance elec-
tronics switch off the FROSTMATIC function after approx. 50 hours. The
yellow light goes out.
Important! Once the FROSTMATIC function has been switched on the
DESIRED temperature that was set originally cannot be changed.
ALARM OFF button
When there is a temperature warning, if the ALARM OFF button is acti-
vated, the temperature display will show the warmest temperature the
frozen food has reached.
The temperature display shows several types of
The FROSTMATIC function provides for quick freezing of
fresh food products, and at the same time protects pre-
viously stored goods against undesired warming in the
With the ALARM OFF button, the acoustic warning signal
can be switched off, e.g. the "Open Door" warning when
sorting in or out, the food to be frozen.
818 35 95-02/7