Restoring Your Operating System
5. Select Repair Your Computer.
6. Select Dell DataSafe Restore and
Emergency Backup from the System
Recovery Options menu and follow the
instructions on the screen.
NOTE: The restoration process may take an
hour or more depending on the size of the
data to be restored.
NOTE: For more information, see knowledge
base article 353560 at support.dell.com.
Upgrading to Dell DataSafe Local
NOTE: Dell DataSafe Local Backup
Professional may be installed on your
computer, if you ordered it at the time of
Dell DataSafe Local Backup Professional
provides additional features that allow you to:
• Backup and restore your computer based on
• Backup files to a local storage device
• Schedule automated backups
To upgrade to Dell DataSafe Local Backup
1. Double-click the Dell DataSafe Local Backup
in the notification area of your
2. Click UPGRADE NOW!
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.