3. When the boot device list appears, highlight
CD/DVD/CD-RW and press <Enter>.
4. Select the Boot from CD-ROM option from
the menu that appears and press <Enter>.
5. Type 1 to start the CD menu and press
<Enter> to proceed.
6. Select Run the 32 Bit Dell Diagnostics from
the numbered list. If multiple versions are
listed, select the version appropriate for
7. Select the test you want to run.
8. If a problem is encountered during a test,
a message appears with an error code and
a description of the problem. Write down
the error code and problem description
and contact Dell (see "Contacting Dell" on
page 75) for assistance.
NOTE: The Service Tag for your computer
is displayed at the top of each test screen.
The Service Tag helps you identify your
computer when you contact Dell.
9. When the tests are complete, close the test
screen to return to the Choose An Option
10. To exit the Dell Diagnostics and restart the
computer, click Exit.
11. Remove the Drivers and Utilities disc.
Using Support Tools