If you have other software problems —
• Back up your files immediately.
• Use a virus-scanning program to check the
hard drive or CDs.
• Save and close any open files or programs
and shut down your computer through the
• Check the software documentation or
contact the software manufacturer for
– Ensure that the program is compatible
with the operating system installed on
– Ensure that your computer meets the
minimum hardware requirements needed
to run the software. See the software
documentation for information.
– Ensure that the program is installed and
– Verify that the device drivers do not
conflict with the program.
– If necessary, uninstall and then reinstall
– Write down any error message that is
displayed to help in troubleshooting when