If the power light is blinking amber — The
computer is in sleep/standby mode or the
display may not be responding.
• Press a key on the keyboard, move the
connected mouse, or press the power button
to resume normal operation.
• If the display is not responding, press the
power button until the computer turns off
and then turn it back on.
• If the problem persists, contact Dell (see
"Contacting Dell" on page 75).
If the power light is solid amber — The
computer has detected an error during POST.
For assistance, contact Dell (see "Contacting
Dell" on page 75).
If you encounter interference that hinders
reception on your computer — An unwanted
signal is creating interference by interrupting or
blocking other signals. Some possible causes of
• Power, keyboard, and mouse extension cables.
• Too many devices connected to a power strip.
• Multiple power strips connected to the same