Turning the unit on
When using for the first time, switch on the main
power by sliding the POWER switch to the ON
Thereafter, you can turn the unit on/off by
pressing ?/1 on the top right of the unit.
To turn the unit off
The unit enters standby mode for minimum
• Do not switch off the main power unless the unit is
not to be used for more than 3 months.
• If you switch off the main power, it may take time to
receive GPS signals when switching on again.
• Be sure to take the unit out of the cradle and
disconnect the car battery adapter when the unit is
not in use to prevent car battery drain.
Performing initial setup
The following can be configured at Startup
– Language for on-screen display and voice
– Distance format (miles/kilometres)
– Display brightness
– 24/12-hour indication
– Your home address
Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the
The above can then be further configured in the
setting menu at any time (page 12).
Receiving GPS signals
After the initial installation, park your car in a
safe, open place (no high buildings, etc.) for up
to 20 minutes to allow for GPS signals to be
received before using the navigation system. The
system requires signals from a minimum of 3
GPS satellites to calculate the current car
GPS status indicator*
* The icon shows the GPS signal reception condition.
indicator lights up in red when the signal
cannot be received.