PLEASE READ THIS MANUAL AND THE
SUPPLIED READ THIS FIRST (INSTALLATION
MANUAL) COMPLETELY BEFORE
INSTALLING OR OPERATING YOUR
PERSONAL NAVIGATION SYSTEM.
IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR USE OF THIS
DEVICE MAY CAUSE ACCIDENT, INJURY OR
• Be sure to:
– install the navigation system in a safe place
where it does not obstruct the driver's view.
– not install the unit above an airbag.
– place the cables and cradle where they do not
– attach the unit to the cradle properly, otherwise
the unit may fall.
– clean the surface of the suction cup and
attachment surface before attaching. When
installing on the dashboard, clean the surface on
which the supplied sheet will be attached. Also,
confirm that the suction cup is securely attached
after installation. Otherwise, the unit or cradle
Failure to do so may result in unsafe driving
• Do not apply excessive force to the unit or cradle
as it may fall.
• Comply with local traffic rules, laws and
• Do not continuously watch the unit while driving.
It is dangerous and may cause a traffic accident.
• If you need to operate the navigation system while
driving, be sure to stop the car in a safe place
• Do not modify the unit.
• Do not disassemble the unit except when
disposing of it.
When using the unit indoors
• Do not use the AC power adapter placed in a
narrow space, such as between a wall and
• Use this product near an outlet. This is to ensure
that the power plug can be immediately unplugged
from the outlet to power off if some abnormality
occurs during use.
• Be sure that nothing metallic comes into contact
with the metal parts of the product or connecting
cable. If it does, a short may occur and the product
may be damaged.
• Always keep the metal contacts clean.
• Do not let foreign objects get inside the cradle
connector (qd) of the unit, as it may cause a
• Turn the unit off by pressing ?/1 (4), take it out
of the cradle, then disconnect the car battery
adapter, otherwise it may drain the car battery.
Note the following.
If your car's cigarette lighter socket is not
connected to ACC on your ignition switch, power
will continue to be supplied to the unit's built-in
power supply even when the ignition is off or the
unit is not in use.
• Do not connect any accessory (car battery adapter,
AC power adapter, etc.) other than those supplied
• Do not expose the unit to fire or water, as it may
cause a malfunction.
• Be sure to remove the unit out of the car when
leaving your car to prevent theft or high
temperature damage inside the car.
• Note that the built-in battery cannot be charged
outside the temperature range 5 – 45 ºC (41 –
• Do not leave the unit in high ambient temperature
as the built-in battery capacity will deteriorate, or
it will become unchargeable.
GPS (Global Positioning System) satellites
continuously emit signals for positioning anywhere
on the earth. As a GPS aerial receives these signals,
users can be informed of their location (latitude,
longitude and altitude). Information must be
received from 3 satellites in order to obtain two-
dimensional fixes (latitude and longitude), and 4
satellites are required for three-dimensional
positioning (latitude, longitude and altitude). As
GPS satellites are controlled by the U.S. Department
of Defense, a deliberate margin of error between a
few metres (a few feet) and 10 metres (32.8 feet)
exists. As a result, the GPS navigation system may
include an error of between 10 metres (32.8 feet)
and about 200 metres (656.2 feet), depending on the