For details on ATRAC CD, see the SonicStage or
SonicStage Simple Burner manual.
Be sure to create the ATRAC CD using authorized
software, such as SonicStage 2.0 or later, or
SonicStage Simple Burner 1.0 or 1.1.
If you have any questions or problems concerning
your unit that are not covered in this manual, consult
your nearest Sony dealer.
About Bluetooth function
On Bluetooth communication
• Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a
range of about 10 m.
Maximum communication range may vary
depending on obstacles (person, metal, wall, etc.)
or electromagnetic environment.
• The following conditions may affect the
sensitivity of Bluetooth communication.
– There is an obstacle such as a person, metal, or
wall between this unit and Bluetooth device.
– A device using 2.4 GHz frequency, such as a
wireless LAN device, cordless telephone, or
microwave oven, is in use near this unit.
• Because Bluetooth devices and wireless LAN
(IEEE802.11b/g) use the same frequency,
microwave interference may occur and resulting in
communication speed deterioration, noise, or
invalid connection if this unit is used near a
wireless LAN device. In such as case, perform the
– Use this unit at least 10 m away from the
wireless LAN device.
– If this unit is used within 10 m of a wireless
LAN device, turn off the wireless LAN device.
– Install this unit and Bluetooth device as near to
each other as possible.
• Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may
affect the operation of electronic medical devices.
Turn off this unit and other Bluetooth devices in
the following locations, as it may cause an
– where inflammable gas is present, in a hospital,
train, airplane, or a petrol station
– near automatic doors or a fire alarm
• This unit supports security capabilities that
comply with the Bluetooth standard to provide a
secure connection when the Bluetooth wireless
technology is used, but security may not be
enough depending on the setting. Be careful when
communicating using Bluetooth wireless
• We do not take any responsibility for the leakage
of information during Bluetooth communication.
• Connection with all Bluetooth devices cannot be
– A device featuring Bluetooth function is
required to conform to the Bluetooth standard
specified by Bluetooth SIG, and be
– Even if the connected device conforms to the
above mentioned Bluetooth standard, some
devices may not be connected or work correctly,
depending on the features or specifications of the
– While talking on the phone hands free, noise
may occur, depending on the device or
• Depending on the device to be connected, it may
require some time to start communication.
• Using the Bluetooth device may not function on
cellular phones, depending on radio wave
conditions and location where the equipment is
• If you experience discomfort after using the
Bluetooth device, stop using the Bluetooth device
immediately. Should any problem persist, consult
your nearest Sony dealer.
Replacing the lithium battery of the
card remote commander
Under normal conditions, the battery will last
approximately 1 year. (The service life may be
shorter, depending on the conditions of use.)
When the battery becomes weak, the range of the
card remote commander becomes shorter. Replace
the battery with a new CR2025 lithium battery. Use
of any other battery may present a risk of fire or
Notes on the lithium battery
• Keep the lithium battery out of the reach of children.
Should the battery be swallowed, immediately
consult a doctor.
• Wipe the battery with a dry cloth to assure a good
• Be sure to observe the correct polarity when
installing the battery.
• Do not hold the battery with metallic tweezers,
otherwise a short-circuit may occur.
Battery may explode if mistreated.
Do not recharge, disassemble, or dispose of
continue to next page t
+ side up