Playback order of MP3/WMA files
• When naming an MP3 file/WMA file, be sure to add
the file extension ".mp3"/".wma" to the file name.
• During playback of a VBR (variable bit rate) MP3/
WMA file or fast-forward/reverse, elapsed playing
time may not display accurately.
• When the disc is recorded in Multi Session, only the
first track of the first session format is recognized
and played (any other format is skipped). The
priority of the format is CD-DA and MP3/WMA.
– When the first track is a CD-DA, only CD-DA of the
first session is played.
– When the first track is not a CD-DA, an MP3/WMA
session is played. If the disc has no data in any of
these formats, "NO MUSIC" is displayed.
Notes on MP3
• Be sure to finalize the disc before using on the unit.
• If you play a high-bit-rate MP3, such as 320 kbps,
sound may be intermittent.
Notes on WMA
• Files made with lossless compression are not
• Files protected by copyright are not playable.
About Bluetooth function
What is Bluetooth technology?
• Bluetooth wireless technology is a short-range
wireless technology that enables wireless data
communication between digital devices, such as a
cellular phone and a headset. Bluetooth wireless
technology operates within a range of about 10 m
(about 33 feet). Connecting two devices is
common, but some devices can be connected to
multiple devices at the same time.
• You do not need to use a cable for connection
since Bluetooth technology is a wireless
technology, neither is it necessary for the devices
to face one another, such is the case with infrared
technology. For example, you can use such a
device in a bag or pocket.
• Bluetooth technology is an international standard
supported by millions of companies all over the
world, and employed by various companies
On Bluetooth communication
• Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a
range of about 10 m.
Maximum communication range may vary
depending on obstacles (person, metal, wall, etc.)
or electromagnetic environment.
• The following conditions may affect the
sensitivity of Bluetooth communication.
– There is an obstacle such as a person, metal, or
wall between this unit and Bluetooth device.
– A device using 2.4 GHz frequency, such as a
wireless LAN device, cordless telephone, or
microwave oven, is in use near this unit.
• Because Bluetooth devices and wireless LAN
(IEEE802.11b/g) use the same frequency,
microwave interference may occur and resulting in
communication speed deterioration, noise, or
invalid connection if this unit is used near a
wireless LAN device. In such as case, perform the
– Use this unit at least 10 m away from the
wireless LAN device.
– If this unit is used within 10 m of a wireless
LAN device, turn off the wireless LAN device.
– Install this unit and Bluetooth device as near to
each other as possible.
• Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may
affect the operation of electronic medical devices.
Turn off this unit and other Bluetooth devices in
the following locations, as it may cause an
– where inflammable gas is present, in a hospital,
train, airplane, or a petrol station
– near automatic doors or a fire alarm
• This unit supports security capabilities that
comply with the Bluetooth standard to provide a
secure connection when the Bluetooth wireless
technology is used, but security may not be
enough depending on the setting. Be careful when
communicating using Bluetooth wireless
• We do not take any responsibility for the leakage
of information during Bluetooth communication.
• Connection with all Bluetooth devices cannot be
– A device featuring Bluetooth function is
required to conform to the Bluetooth standard
specified by Bluetooth SIG, and be
– Even if the connected device conforms to the
above mentioned Bluetooth standard, some
devices may not be connected or work correctly,
depending on the features or specifications of the
– While talking on the phone hands free, noise
may occur, depending on the device or
• Depending on the device to be connected, it may
require some time to start communication.
continue to next page t