Press the + or – button to select the power level to set.
• The power level may be selected from the following.
1/8, 1/16, 1/32
Press the select button.
Set the shutter speed and aperture.
• The shutter speed is calculated as follows to suit the selected flash
frequency and number of flashes.
Number of flashes (TIME) Flash frequency (Hz) Shutter speed
For example, when ten flashes and 5 Hz are selected, 10 5 = 2
requires a shutter speed of longer than two seconds.
When the flash is fully charged, press the shutter
button to take the photo.
• The distance at which the proper exposure is obtained with a single
flash is displayed on the data panel.
• To prevent shaking, the use of a tripod is recommended during
multiple flash photography.
• Test flash will flash at the selected frequency/number/level while
the test-flash button is being pressed if the selection switch is at
• The use of custom settings allows the camera to be set up for
manual flash photography without selecting the M mode (p. 54).
Continued on the next page