Unable to proceed beyond the
Printer Connection screen
Installation does not start
automatically when the Setup CD-
ROM is inserted into the drive.
You have a defective Setup CD-ROM. If you have a defective Setup CD-ROM, please contact the Canon
The computer has an old version of
the software installed (Canon
MultiPASS is registered as a
program in the [Start] menu).
Reinstall the MP Drivers.
1. Click [Cancel] on the [Printer Connection] screen.
2. Click [Start Over] on the [Installation Failure] screen.
3. Click [Back] on the screen that appears next.
4. Click [Exit] on the [Welcome] screen, then remove the CD-ROM.
5. Turn the machine and the computer off.
6. Check the cable connection.
7. Restart the computer.
8. Make sure that no other applications (including anti-virus software) are
running in the background.
9. Carefully follow the procedures described in the Easy Setup
Instructions and reinstall the MP Drivers.
Click [Start], select [My Computer] and then double-click the CD-ROM
For non-Windows XP users, open the [My Computer] window and then
double-click the CD-ROM icon.
Double-click the CD-ROM icon on your desktop to start installation.
If the CD-ROM icon is not displayed on the desktop, there is a problem
with the CD-ROM.
Contact the Canon Customer Care Center.
Customer Care Center.
Select [My Computer] from the [Start] menu and check if the CD-ROM icon
Reconfirm that the CD-ROM icon is displayed when you insert the CD-
Uninstall the old version of the software following the instructions in the
manual of that version, and reinstall the new version.