Precautions with regard to safety
If you notice smoke, strange smells or noise coming
from the projector, disconnect the power plug from
the wall outlet.
Do not continue to use the projector in such cases,
otherwise fire or electric shocks could result.
Check that no more smoke is coming out, and then
contact an Authorized Service Center for repairs.
Do not attempt to repair the projector yourself, as this
can be dangerous.
Do not install this projector in a place which is not
strong enough to take the full weight of the
If the installation location is not strong enough, it may
fall down or tip over, and severe injury or damage
Installation work (such as ceiling suspension)
should only be carried out by a qualified technician.
If installation is not carried out correctly, there is the
danger that injury or electric shocks may occur.
Do not use other than an authorized ceiling mount
If foreign objects or water get inside the projector, or
if the projector is dropped or the cabinet is broken,
disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet.
Continued use of the projector in this condition may
result in fire or electric shocks.
Contact an Authorized Service Center for repairs.
The wall outlet shall be installed near the equipment
and shall be easily accessible.
Unplug the power plug from the wall outlet
immediately when problem occurred.
Do not overload the wall outlet.
If the power supply is overloaded (for example, by
using too many adapters), overheating may occur
and fire may result.
Never attempt to modify or disassemble the
High voltages can cause fire or electric shocks.
For any inspection, adjustment and repair work,
please contact an Authorized Service Center.
Clean the power plug regularly to prevent it from
becoming covered in dust.
If dust builds up on the power plug, the resulting
humidity can damage the insulation, which could
result in fire. Pull the power plug out from the wall
outlet and wipe it with a dry cloth.
If not using the projector for an extended period of
time, pull the power plug out from the wall outlet.
Do not handle the power plug with wet hands.
Failure to observe this may result in electric shocks.
Insert the power plug securely into the wall outlet.
If the plug is not inserted correctly, electric shocks or
overheating could result.
Do not use damaged plugs or loose wall outlet.
Do not place the projector on top of surfaces which
If the projector is placed on top of a surface which is
sloped or unstable, it may fall down or tip over, and
injury or damage could result.
Do not place the projector into water or let it become
Failure to observe this may result in fire or electric
Do not do anything that might damage the power
cord or the power plug.
Do not damage the power cord, make any
modifications to it, place it near any hot objects, bend
it excessively, twist it, pull it, place heavy objects on
top of it or wrap it into a bundle.
If the power cord is used while damaged, electric
shocks, short-circuits or fire may result.
Ask an Authorized Service Center to carry out any
repairs to the power cord that might be necessary.
Do not place the projector on soft materials such as
carpets or sponge mats.
Doing so may cause the projector to overheat, which
can cause burns, fire or damage to the projector.
Do not place liquid containers on top of the
If water spills onto the projector or gets inside it, fire
or electric shocks could result.
If any water gets inside the projector, contact an
Authorized Service Center.
Do not insert any foreign objects into the projector.
Do not insert any metal objects or flammable objects
into the projector or drop them onto the projector, as
doing so can result in fire or electric shocks.
Do not allow the + and - terminals of the batteries to
come into contact with metallic objects such as
necklaces or hairpins.
Failure to observe this may cause the batteries to
leak, overheat, explode or catch fire.
Store the batteries in a plastic bag and keep them
away from metallic objects.