Prepare to load paper.
(1) Open the Paper Support, then pull out the
Paper Support Extension.
(2) Open the Paper Output Tray.
(3) Open the Output Tray Extension.
(4) Adjust the position of the Paper Thickness
Set it to the right when printing on envelopes
or T-shirt transfers, and left when printing on
any other type of paper. See "Paper Handling"
on page 8.
If the corners or edges of the paper are smudged, try to print with the Paper Thickness Lever
set to the right. It may improve print quality.
Reset the Paper Thickness Lever to the left when you finish printing.
For details on the Paper Thickness Lever, refer to "Inside" in "Main Components" of the User's
Guide on-screen manual.
Load the paper.
(1) Load the paper in the Rear Tray with the print
side facing UP.
(2) Align the paper stack against the right side of
the Rear Tray.
(3) Pinch the Paper Guide and slide it against the
left side of the paper stack.
Specify the page size and media type settings according to the loaded paper.
When performing copy direct printing without using a computer, select the size and type of the
loaded paper using the Operation Panel.
For details on settings, see "Making Copies" on page 15.
When using the machine connected to a computer, select the size and type of the loaded paper
in Page Size (or Paper Size) and Media Type in the printer driver.
For details on printer driver settings, see "Printing with Windows" on page 17 or "Printing with
Macintosh" on page 18.
* Do not load higher than the Load Limit
Before Using the Machine