This unit can be operated in the system environment explained here.
• CPU : Pentium D 3.2 GHz or higher (Motherboard that supports SATA.)
• O/S : Windows XP (Home / Professional / Media Center Edition) with
• RAM : 1GB or more
• HDD : 30GB or more of available space (60GB for Blu-ray Disc authoring)
5.25-inch half-height bay required
+5V/+12V power socket required
BD-R : Sony, Panasonic.
BD-RE : Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Maxell, Sony, Panasonic.
DVD-R :Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim.
DVD-RW : JVC, Mitsubishi Kagaku Media.
DVD+R : Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim.
DVD+RW : Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim.
DVD±R DL : Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim.
DVD-RAM : Maxell.
CD-R : Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden.
CD-RW : LG, Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim.
* Compatibility problem in write/read function may occur with media depending on the media
manufacturing quality. Maximum write (or read) speed depends on system environments.
* There may be some cases when motion picture playback is not smooth depending on bit rate.
* When using LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling on Windows Vista systems, please ensure Service Pack 1 or
higher is installed.
• Playing Blu-ray Disc Movies *NOTICE*
DVI or HDMI
Due to copyright protection features, certain requirements must be met in order to playback BD movies on a
computer. When using digital video connections, the monitor and graphics card must support High-bandwidth
Digital Content Protection (HDCP). Note that most monitors and graphics cards currently don't support HDCP.
But, most High Definition TVs and multimedia monitors do support HDCP. Refer to the PC or graphic card
maker's web site to see if your card supports HDCP.
Some video cards that currently support HDCP:
- nVIDIA: GeForce 7800 GTX 512 / 7900 GT / 7900 GX2 / 7900 GTX / 7950 GX2 / 8600 GS / 8600 GT /
8600 GTS / 8800 GTX or higher with 256MB min memory.
- ATI: Radeon ® HD2300/ HD2400/ HD2600 series or higher with 256MB min memory.
*When using ATI Radeon
HD 1000 Series Graphic Card, some BLURAY movie title can not be played on
Windows7 normally. It caused by giving up supporting the device driver of this Graphic Card by ATI Radeon
For more information, Please contact to customer service center or website of ATI Radeon
Graphic card driver shall meet AACS compliance criteria. Please consult your graphics card vendor for proper
HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection): Required to view pre-recoded Blu-ray Disc which is copy
(Recommended Core 2 Duo E6600 or higher.)
SP2/ Windows Vista (X86, X64) with SP1/ Windows 7
DVI or HDMI