1 m ~ 2 m
• To ensure good communication conditions, carry out initial
setup from directly in front of, and close to the receiver.
• Do not move the unit during initial setup.
If a communication error occurs during setup
An error message will be displayed.
• Touching OK will return to the step 5 setup screen.
• Touching SKIP goes to the regular screen without
carrying out initial setup. Although operation is
possible in this condition, functions not included on the
receiver will be displayed, and some buttons will not be
operable. Also, the initial setup screen will appear each
time the touch panel is turned on.
The commander receives and displays data transmitted from the
receiver. Communication errors may occur if the commander's
transmitter/receiver section is not directed properly toward the
Be sure to point the commander's transmitter/receiver section
towards the receiver's display.
When replacing the batteries
To ensure preservation of the commander's internal
memory when replacing batteries, be sure to observe the
When to replace batteries
When the batteries become weak, a warning sounds and a
message is displayed. Replace batteries as instructed by
How to remove the lithium battery
• Disc titles and song titles downloaded from the CD changer are
memorized in the commander. The lithium battery is used for
preservation of this memory. If the unit is used with an
exhausted battery, the settings memorized in the commander
will be erased. Please replace the battery as soon as the "Battery
Low" message appears.
• Replace the alkaline batteries with new batteries as soon as
their charge is exhausted. If the unit is used with exhausted
batteries, exhaustion of the lithium battery used to maintain
memory will be quickened and the memorized settings may be
• The life span of batteries may be shortened depending on the
conditions in which the commander is used.
• If the alkaline batteries and lithium battery become exhausted
at the same time, replace the alkaline batteries first. Replacing
the lithium battery first will erase the data memorized in the
• When replacing the alkaline batteries, always replace all 4
batteries with new ones.
• After replacing batteries, be sure to carry out touch panel
adjustment (page 6).