3. RESET OPERATIONS
Two kinds of reset operations can be performed:
All-reset operation deletes all data in memory.
Secret-reset operation deletes only your password and the data in the Secret Memory Area.
Do not use a very sharp pencil to press the RESET button. Doing so can damage the unit.
Be sure to perform the all-reset operation before you use the unit for the first time.
After check to make sure that the main batteries and back-up battery are correctly installed, perform the
To Perform All-Reset:
1. Switch the power off.
2. Remove the screw that holds the small battery compartment cover in place, then remove the small
battery compartment cover.
3. Press the RESET button on the back of the unit
with a thin, pointed object.
to select "Reset," then press EXE.
to select "Yes, " then press EXE.
6. The main menu will appear and all data will be
7. Replace the battery compartment cover and
the screw that secures it in place.
If you want to cancel the reset operation
immediately after you have pressed the RESET
button, select "Exit," then press EXE.
To Perform Secret Reset:
Perform the steps described under "To Perform All-reset" above, but select "Del Secret Data" in place
of "Reset" in step 4.
Following are the initial settings produced by the all-reset operation:
When the Unit Does Not Work Correctly...
If the unit is jolted by a strong electrostatic charge or by severe impact, it may not work properly. In such
a case, first check to make sure that the main batteries and back-up battery are correctly installed, and then
perform the following operation:
1. Remove the screw that holds the small battery compartment cover in place and remove the small battery
2. Press the RESET button with a thin, pointed object.
3. Look for the message, "Exit," to be highlighted on the display.
4. Press EXE. Now the message, "Check time!" should be on the display.
Home Time Zone: London (LON)
Home Time Setting: 12:00 AM, January 1, 1990
World Time: New York (NYC)
12/24-Hour Clock: 12-Hour Clock
Alarm Time: 12:00 AM
Hourly Time Signal: OFF
Key Input Tone: ON
Date Format: Month/Day/Year
— 10 —