1. Verify that the actual voltage at the electrical service connection is compatible with the specifications on the
brewer's serial number label. Make sure the electrical service includes neutral.
2. The temperature and water tank fill level are pre-set at the factory. There is no need to turn off the heaters
during the installation process. The heaters are disabled by the control board until the tank is full of water. The
heating process will start automatically when the tank has filled.
3. A terminal block is provided for connecting the incoming power wires. Consult local codes to determine if a
cord and plug can be installed, or if the unit must be hard wired.
4. A fused disconnect switch or circuit breaker on the incoming power line must be conveniently located near the
brewer, and its location and markings known to the operators.
5. The body of the brewer must be grounded to a suitable building ground.
A ground lug is provided in the brewer next to the power terminal block.
Use only 10 gauge copper wire for grounding.
6. Electrical connections must be secured in-place within the unit to meet
national and local standards.
7. Connect the incoming power wires to the terminal block in accordance with applicable codes.
8. The CBS-2052 is shipped from the factory configured for either single phase or three phase operation,
depending on the version that was ordered. A tag attached to the terminal block will indicate which way the
unit was configured. To change the configuration, change the relay and heater wires as shown below. Make
sure that all connections are tight. These instructions are also located on the inside of the lower cover.
3 wires + ground
Terminal block: Connect incoming wires to L1, L2, N, Ground
H1 - Connect heater wires 1 & 5
H2 - Connect heater wires 4 & 6
H3 - Connect heater wires 2 & 3
4 & 6
1 & 5
2 & 3
H1 H2 H3
L1 L2 L3
4 wires + ground
Terminal Block: Connect incoming wires to L1, L2, L3, N, Grnd.
Warning: To prevent
electrical shock, this
unit must be properly
1 & 2
3 & 4
H1 H2 H3
L1 L2 L3
H1 - Connect heater wires 1 & 2
H2 - Connect heater wires 3 & 4
H3 - Connect heater wires 5 & 6
5 & 6