Help and personal needs
To save the time and expense of an unnecessary service call, perform the simple checks
in this section before contacting a service professional.
When you switch on your phone, the following messages may appear:
"Insert USIM card"
• Be sure that the USIM card is correctly installed.
"Phone locked Enter password"
• The automatic locking function has been enabled. You must enter the phone's
password before you can use the phone.
• You are using your phone for the first time. You must enter the PIN1 supplied with the
• The PIN1 Check feature is enabled. Every time the phone is switched on, the PIN1 has
to be entered. To disable this feature, use the PIN check menu.
• The PIN1 code has been entered incorrectly three times in succession, and the phone
is now blocked. Enter the PUK1 supplied by your service provider.
"No Service" "Network Failure," or "Not Done" displays
• The network connection has been lost. You may be in a weak signal area. Move and try
• You are trying to access an option for which you have no subscription with your
service provider. Contact the service provider for further details.
You have entered a number but it was not dialed
• Be sure that you have pressed [
• Be sure you have accessed the right cellular network.
• Be sure that you have not set an outgoing call barring option.
Your correspondent cannot reach you
• Be sure your phone is switched on. ( [
• Be sure you are accessing the correct cellular network.
• Be sure that you have not set an outgoing call barring option
] pressed for more than one second.)