Compact 4-way Type
Operations and Performance
▼ Check before running
• Check whether the earth wire is cut or disconnected.
• Check whether the air filter is installed.
• Turn on the circuit breaker 12 hours or more before starting
▼ 3 minutes protection function
3-minutes protection function prevents the air conditioner
from starting for initial 3 minutes after the main power switch
/ circuit breaker is turned on for re-starting the air conditioner.
▼ Power failure
Power failure during operation will stop the unit completely.
• To restart the operation, push the ON / OFF button on the
• Lightning or a wireless car telephone operating nearby
may cause the unit to malfunction. Turn off the main power
switch or circuit breaker and then turn them on again. Push
the ON / OFF button on the remote controller to restart.
▼ Defrosting operation
If the outdoor unit is frosted during the heating operation,
defrosting starts automatically (for approximately 2 to 10
minutes) to maintain the heating capacity.
• The fans in both indoor and outdoor units will stop during
the defrosting operation.
• During the defrosting operation, the defrosted water will be
drained from the bottom plate of the outdoor unit.
▼ Heating capacity
In the heating operation, the heat is absorbed from the
outside and brought into the room. This way of heating is
called heat pump system. When the outside temperature is
too low, it is recommended to use another heating apparatus
in combination with the air conditioner.
▼ Air conditioner operating conditions
For proper performance, operate the air conditioner under the following temperature conditions:
Room relative humidity – less than 80 %. If the air conditioner operates in excess of this
figure, the surface of the air conditioner may cause dewing.
If air conditioner is used outside of the above conditions, safety protection may work.
▼ Protective device
• Stops operation when the air-conditioner is overloaded.
• If the protective device is activated, the unit stops running,
and the operation indicator and check indicator on the
remote controller blink.
▼ If the protective device is activated
• Turn off the circuit breaker and perform a checkup.
Continued running may cause a malfunction.
• Check whether the air filter is installed. If not, the heat
exchanger may be clogged with dust and water leakage
▼ During cooling
• The air intake or discharge of the outdoor unit is clogged.
• Strong wind continuously blows against the discharge of
the outdoor unit.
▼ During heating
• The air filter is clogged with a large amount of dust.
• The air intake or discharge of the indoor unit is clogged.
▼ Do not turn off the circuit breaker
• During the air-conditioning season, leave the circuit
breaker turned on, and use the ON / OFF key on the
▼ Attention to snowfall and freeze on the
• In snowy areas, the air intake and air discharge of the
outdoor unit are often covered with snow or frozen up.
If snow or freeze on the outdoor unit is left as it is, it may
cause machine failure or poor warming.
• In cold areas, pay attention to the drain hose so that it
perfectly drains water without water remaining inside for
freeze prevention. If water freezes in the drain hose or
inside the outdoor unit, it may cause machine failure or
: –15 °C to 43 °C (Dry bulb temp.)
: 21 °C to 32 °C (Dry bulb temp.), 15 °C to 24 °C (Wet bulb temp.)
: –15 °C to 15 °C (Wet bulb temp.)
: 15 °C to 28 °C (Dry bulb temp.)
Compact 4-way Type
– 13 –
Do not install the air conditioner in the following places
• Do not install the air conditioner in any place within 1 m from a TV, stereo, or radio set. If the unit is installed in such place,
noise transmitted from the air conditioner affects the operation of these appliances.
• Do not install the air conditioner near a high frequency appliance (sewing machine or massager for business use, etc.),
otherwise the air conditioner may malfunction.
• Do not install the air conditioner in a humid or oily place, or in a place where steam, soot, or corrosive gas is generated.
• Do not install the air conditioner in a salty place such as seaside area.
• Do not install the air conditioner in a place where a great deal of machine oil is used.
• Do not install the air conditioner in a place where it is usually exposed to strong wind such as in seaside area.
• Do not install the air conditioner in a place where sulfureous gas generated such as in a spa.
• Do not install the air conditioner in a vessel or mobile crane.
• Do not install the air conditioner in an acidic or alkaline atmosphere (in a hot-spring area or near a chemicals factory, or in a
place subject to combustion emissions). Corrosion may be generated on the aluminum fin and copper pipe of the heat
• Do not install the air conditioner near an obstacle (air vent, lighting equipment, etc.) that disturbs discharge air. (Turbulent
airflow may reduce the performance or disable devices.)
• Do not use the air conditioner for special purposes such as preserving food, precision instruments, or art objects, or where
breeding animals or growing plants are kept.
(This may degrade the quality of preserved materials.)
• Do not install the air conditioner over an object that must not get wet. (Condensation may drop from the indoor unit at a
humidity of 80 % or more or when the drain port is clogged.)
• Do not install the air conditioner in a place where an organic solvent is used.
• Do not install the air conditioner near a door or window subject to humid outside air.
Condensation may form on the air conditioner.
• Do not install the air conditioner in a place where special spray is used frequently.
Be careful with noise or vibrations
• Do not install the air conditioner in a place where noise by outdoor unit or hot air from its air discharge annoys your neighbors.
• Install the air conditioner on a solid and stable foundation so that it prevents transmission of resonating, operation noise and
• If one indoor unit is operating, some sound may be audible from other indoor units that are not operating.