ELECTRICAL CONNECTION FOR GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND ONLY
Warning - this appliance must be earthed
If the mains lead of this appliance is fitted with a BS 1363A 13amp fused
plug, to change a fuse in this type of plug use an A.S.T.A. approved fuse
to BS 1362 type and proceed as follows:
1. Remove the fuse cover (A) and fuse (B).
2. Fit replacement 13A fuse into fuse cover.
3. Refit both into plug.
The fuse cover must be refitted when changing a fuse and if the fuse cover is lost the plug must not be used until
a correct replacement is fitted.
Correct replacement are identified by the colour insert or the colour embossed in words on the base of the plug.
Replacement fuse covers are available from your local electrical store.
For the Republic of Ireland only
The information given in respect of Great Britain will frequently apply, but a third type of plug and socket is also
used, the 2-pin, side earth type.
Socket outlet / plug (valid for both countries)
If the fitted plug is not suitable for your socket outlet, please contact After-sales Service for further instruction.
Please do not attempt to change plug yourself. This procedure needs to be carried out by a qualified technician in
compliance with the manufactures instructions and current standard safety regulations.
• Install the appliance in a dry, well ventilated room
far away from any heat source (e.g. radiator, cooker,
etc.) and in a place not exposed directly to the sun. If
required, use an insulating plate.
• To guarantee adequate ventilation follow
• Insufficient ventilation on back of the product
increases energy consumption and decreases
• The internal temperatures of the appliance may be
affected by the ambient temperature, frequency of
door opening, as well as location of the appliance.
Temperature setting should take into consideration
• Allow warm food and drinks to cool down before
placing in the appliance.
• Do not obstruct the fan (if available) with food items.
• After placing the food check if the door of
compartments closes properly, especially the freezer
• Reduce to a minimum door opening.
• When thawing frozen food, place them in the
refrigerator. The low temperature of the frozen
products cools the food in the refrigerator.
• Appliances could have special compartments (Fresh
Food Compartment, Zero Degree Box,...). In case
not differently specified in the specific booklet
of product, they can be removed, maintaining
• Positioning of the shelves in the refrigerator has
no impact on the efficient usage of energy. Food
should be placed on the shelves in such way to
ensure proper air circulation (food should not touch
each other and distance between food and rear wall
should be kept).
• You can increase storage capacity of frozen food by
removing baskets and, if present, Stop Frost shelve,
maintaining an equivalent energy consumption.
• Damaged gasket must be replaced as soon as
• High energy class products are fitted with high-
efficiency motors that remain operational for longer,
but have a low power consumption. Do not worry if
the engine continues to run for longer periods.