Changing the Audio Mode
You can record sound in two audio modes—16-bit and 12-bit. The 12-bit mode records
sound on two channels (stereo 1), leaving 2 channels free (stereo 2) for adding new
sound later. Select the 16-bit mode for higher sound quality.
Open the menu and select [AUDIO SETUP]. Select [AUDIO MODE], set it to
[16bit] and close the menu.
"16bit" appears for approximately 4 seconds.
Adjusting the Audio Recording Level
You can manually adjust the audio recording level of the built-in microphone or an
Only when [AUDIO DUB.] is set to [MIC IN].
1. In CAMERA mode, set the program selector to
2. Open the menu and select [AUDIO SETUP]. Select [MIC LEVEL], set it to
[MANUAL] and close the menu.
• The audio level indicator appears.
• If a green bar showing the adjustment level is not displayed, press the AUDIO LEVEL
3. Adjust the level with the SET dial.
• The maximum level should only slightly exceed –12 dB.
• Sound may be distorted if the indicator for 0 dB lights up in red.
4. Press the AUDIO LEVEL button.
The green bar disappears.
❍ About the audio level indicator:
When [MIC LEVEL] is set to [AUTO], the audio level indicator switches on and
off with each press of the AUDIO LEVEL button.
[MIC LEVEL] is set
Guide (green bar)