❍ Use the auto setting for normal outdoor scenes.
❍ When the program selector is set to [, white balance is preset to [AUTO].
❍ The camcorder retains the custom white balance setting even if you turn it off.
However, it resets to [AUTO] when you change the position of the TAPE/CARD
❍ When you have set the custom white balance:
- Depending on the light source, "W" may keep flashing. The result will still
be better than with the auto setting.
- Reset the white balance when the lighting condition changes.
- Turn off the digital zoom.
❍ Custom white balance may provide better results in the following cases:
- Changing lighting conditions
- Subjects in a single color (sky, sea or forest)
- Under mercury lamps or certain types of fluorescent lights