Using this Manual
Thank you for purchasing the Canon OPTURA500/OPTURA400. Please read this
manual carefully before you use the camcorder and retain it for future reference.
Change the display language before you begin (
Symbols and References Used in This Manual
: Precautions related to the camcorder operation.
: Additional topics that complement the basic operating procedures.
: Reference page number.
❍ Capital letters are used to refer to buttons on the camcorder or the wireless controller.
❍ [ ] are used to refer to menu items displayed on the screen.
❍ "Screen" refers to the LCD and the viewfinder screen.
❍ Please note that the illustrations mainly refer to the OPTURA500.
Operating modes (see below)
Menu item and its default setting
Button and switches to be operated
The operating modes are determined by the position of the POWER switch and the
: Function can be used in this mode.
: Function cannot be used in this mode.
• Canon and Bubble Jet are registered trademarks of Canon Inc.
• D is a trademark.
is a trademark.
is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States
and/or other countries.
• Macintosh and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the United States and
• Other names and products not mentioned above may be registered trademarks or trademarks of their
Setting the Time Zone, Date and Time
Set the time zone, date and time when you first start using your camcorder, or when
you have replaced the backup battery.
Setting the Time Zone/Daylight Saving Time
1. Press the MENU button to open the menu.
2. Turn the SET dial to select [SYSTEM] and press the
3. Turn the SET dial to select [T.ZONE/DST] and press
the SET dial.
The time zone setting appears (see table on the next page). The default setting is New