* Be sure to use a straight type plug.
Adjust the volume level
Be sure to adjust the volume for each connected
audio device before playback.
1 Turn down the volume on the unit.
2 Press (SOURCE) repeatedly until "AUX"
"AUX FRONT IN" appears.
3 Start playback of the portable audio device at a
4 Set your usual listening volume on the unit.
5 Press the select button repeatedly until "AUX"
appears, and rotate the volume control dial to
adjust the input level (–8 dB to +18 dB).
• If your car has been parked in direct sunlight,
allow the unit to cool off before operating it.
• Power antenna (aerial) will extend automatically
while the unit is operating.
On a rainy day or in a very damp area, moisture
condensation may occur inside the lenses and
display of the unit. Should this occur, the unit will
not operate properly. In such a case, remove the disc
and wait for about an hour until the moisture has
To maintain high sound quality
Be careful not to splash juice or other soft drinks
onto the unit or discs.
Notes on discs
• To keep a disc clean, do not touch its surface.
Handle the disc by its edge.
• Keep your discs in their cases or disc magazines
when not in use.
• Do not subject discs to heat/high temperature.
Avoid leaving them in a parked car or on a
• Do not attach labels, or use discs with sticky ink/
residue. Such discs may stop spinning when used,
causing a malfunction, or may ruin the disc.
• Do not use any discs with labels or stickers
The following malfunctions may result from using
– Inability to eject a disc (due to a label or sticker
peeling off and jamming the eject mechanism).
– Inability to read audio data correctly (e.g.,
playback skipping, or no playback) due to heat
shrinking of a sticker or label causing a disc to
• Discs with non-standard shapes (e.g., heart,
square, star) cannot be played on this unit.
Attempting to do so may damage the unit. Do not
use such discs.
• You cannot play 8 cm (3