There is no picture.
There is no picture when you
make an HDMI cable
3D images from the HDMI (IN
1) or HDMI (IN 2) jack do not
appear on the TV screen.
No picture appears when the
video output resolution selected
in [Output Video Format] is
The dark area of the picture is too
dark/the bright area is too bright
The picture is not output
Picture noise appears.
An image is not displayed on the
entire TV screen.
Color irregularity occurs on the
There is no picture after playing
a video/photo file on the iPod/
iPhone. (U.S. and Canada
Problems and solutions
• Check the output method on your system (page 15).
• The unit is connected to an input device that is not HDCP (High-bandwidth
Digital Content Protection) compliant ("HDMI" on the front panel does not
light up) (page 15).
• Depending on the TV or video component, 3D images may not appear.
• Press and hold N and VOLUME – on the unit for more than 5 seconds to reset
the video output resolution to the lowest resolution.
• Set [Picture Quality Mode] to [Standard] (default) (page 32).
• Check the [Output Video Format] settings in [Screen Settings] (page 48).
• If the analog and digital signals are output at the same time, set [BD/DVD-
ROM 1080/24p Output] in [Screen Settings] to [Off] (page 48).
• For BD-ROMs, check the [BD/DVD-ROM 1080/24p Output] settings in
[Screen Settings] (page 48).
• Clean the disc.
• If the picture output from your system goes through your VCR to get to your
TV, the copy-protection signal applied to some BD/DVD programs could affect
picture quality. If you still experience problems even when you connect your
unit directly to your TV, try connecting your unit to the other input jacks.
• Check the setting of [TV Type] in [Screen Settings](page 48).
• The aspect ratio on the disc is fixed.
• If the speakers are used with a CRT-based TV or projector, install the speakers
at least 1.0 ft (0.3 meters) from the TV set.
• If the color irregularity persists, turn off the TV set once, then turn it on after 15
to 30 minutes.
• Make sure that no magnetic object (magnetic latch on a TV stand, health care
device, toy, etc.) is placed near the speakers.
• Select the input on your TV for this system.