set screws In the
Remave the downrod clip and dewnrod pin fram the downrod, Then partially loosen the two
y o k e
at the top
of the motor
Insert the downrod through the canopy and yoke cover
Feed the wires and braided
able from the fan through the downrod
Slide the dawnrod
into the yoke of the motor assembly.
Align holes and reinstall the downrod pin and downrod clip and
secure with the two set screws (Figure 2.6)
Depending on the length of downrod you use, you may want to cut the fan wires to simplify wiring After pulling the wires alt
the way through the downrod, measure 8 Inches of wire, Cut off the excess wire using wire cutters (not included). Warning:
Do NOT cut braided
cable. Then strip 1/2 inch of insulation
from the end of each wire strand (Figure
into the mounting bracket. Rotate the downrod until the tab in the mounting bracket is seated in the slot
the downrod ball. WARNING:
The fan and/or downrod should not rotate in the mounting bracket, If installed correctly
Fallure to align the slot in the downrod ball with the tab on the mounting bracket may result in fan falling causing serious
injury or death
9. Insert the receiver into the opening of the mounting bracket with flat side facing the ceiling (Figure 2.9)
SECONDARY HANGING SYSTEM INSTRUCTIONS
For installation In the United States: Building codes in the U.S.A. do not require installation of a Secondary Hanging System
if desired, the braided cable can be cut and removed using wire cutters (sold separately). Skip to FINAL INSTALLATION. For
installation in Canada: in compliance with building codes in Canada, installation of the Secondary Hanging System is required.
1. Feed the loop of the braided cable, preassembled to the motor assembly, up through the outlet box mounted in the ceiling
2. Install secondary support screw, spring washer and support washer partly into the side of the brace installed in the ceiling
Then loop the braided cable up and over the ceiling brace and place the open loop of the braided cable around the secondary
support screw, Note: The ceiling support brace may not be accessible from below. If not, it must be accessed from above.
Important: The braided cable must make a complete circle around the support brace to secure the fan (Figure 3.2)
3. Tighten the secondary support screw, securing the braided cable (Figure 3.3).
\, Secondary Support Screw
1. Use wire connectors to connect the fan wires and the receiver wires to the household supply wires according to the wiring
diagram and the following instructions (Figure 4 1):
« Connect the green wire from the downrod and mounting bracket to the Bare/Green (ground) supply wire.
* Connect the White wire (AC IN N) from the receiver to the White (neutral) supply wire.
* Connect the Black wire (AC IN L) from the receiver to the Black (hot/power) supply wire
* Connect the Black wire (TO MOTOR
L) from the receiver to the Black fan wire.
* Connect the Blue wire (FOR LIGHT) from the receiver to the Blue fan wire.
* Connect the White wire (TO MOTOR N) from the receiver to the White fan wire
Align the canopy over the loosened mounting bracket screws. Place the J-slot of the canopy onto the mount bracket screws and
rotate clockwise. Secure the canopy with the two previously removed mounting bracket screws. Tighten all the mounting bracket
screws securely (Figure 4 2).
Partially insert three blade screws, along with their washers, through the blade and into the blade arm. Tighten each blade screw
with a Phillips screwdriver (not included), starting with the one in the middle. Repeat this step for the remaining blades and blade
Mounting Bracket Screw
) Blade Arm