Basic Drill Press Operation
WARNING: To avoid possible injury, keep guard
closed and in place while tool is in operation. To avoid
injury from an accidental start, ALWAYS make sure
the switch is in the "OFF" position, the switch key is
removed, and the plug is not connected to the power
source outlet before making belt adjustments.
Speeds And Belt Placement (Fig. U)
This drill press has five operating speeds. Please see the
chart in Fig. U for obtain each speed and the placement of
the belt. This chart is also put on the inside of pulley cover
DRilling sPEED TABlE (RPM)
On / Off Switch (Fig. V)
The ON/OFF switch has a removable, safety key. With the
safety key removed from the switch, unauthorized and
hazardous use by children and others is minimized.
1. To turn the drill press "ON", insert the safety key
the slot of the switch
the "ON" position.
2. To turn the drill press "OFF", move the switch
Alum. / Zinc. /
Iron / Steel
. Move the switch upward to
3. To lock the switch in the OFF position, grasp the sides of
the safety key, and pull it out.
4. With the safety key removed, the switch will not turn
the power tool on.
5. If the safety key is removed while the drill press is
running, it can be turned "OFF" but cannot be restarted
without inserting the safety key.
Rocker Switch For Led Light (Fig. W)
1. Press the rocker switch
2. Press the rocker switch without a dot to turn the LED
Installing Drill Bit In Chuck (Fig. X)
1. With the switch "OFF" and the safety key removed, open
the chuck jaws
chuck key counterclockwise to open the chuck jaws
2. Insert the drill bit
obtain maximum gripping by the jaws, but not far
enough to touch the spiral grooves (flutes) of the drill
bit when the jaws are tightened.
3. Make sure that the drill is centred in the chuck.
4. Turn the chuck key
WARNING: To avoid injury or accident by the chuck
key ejecting forcibly from the chuck when the power
is turned "ON," use only the self-ejecting chuck key
supplied with this drill press. ALWAYS recheck and
remove the chuck key before turning the power "ON."
with a dot " . " to turn the LED
using the chuck key
into the chuck far enough to
clockwise to tighten the chuck
. Turn the