5. Care and Cleaning
Please clean the filter.
Press Reset button after
Reset filter sign?
Filter sign reset
will appear on the Main display
in the Full mode when it is time to
clean the filters.
Wash, clean, or replace the filters
when this sign appears.
Select "Filter information" from the
Main menu (refer to page 8), and
press the [SELECT] button.
Press the [F4] button to reset filter
Select "OK" with the [F4] button.
A confirmation screen will appear.
Navigating through the screens
• To go back to the Main menu
....................... [MENU] button
• To return to the previous screen
....................... [RETURN] button
is displayed on the
Main display in the Full mode, the
system is centrally controlled and
the filter sign cannot be reset.
If two or more indoor units are connected, filter cleaning timing for each
unit may be different, depending on the filter type.
will appear when the filter on the main unit is due for
When the filter sign is reset, the cumulative operation time of all units
will be reset.
is scheduled to appear after a certain duration of opera-
tion, based on the premise that the indoor units are installed in a space
with ordinary air quality. Depending on the air quality, the filter may
require more frequent cleaning.
The cumulative time at which filter needs cleaning depends on the
• This indication is not available for wireless remote controller.
• Ask authorized people to clean the filter.
► C leaning the filters
• Clean the filters using a vacuum cleaner. If you do not have a vacuum
cleaner, tap the filters against a solid object to knock off dirt and dust.
• If the filters are especially dirty, wash them in lukewarm water. Take care
to rinse off any detergent thoroughly and allow the filters to dry completely
before putting them back into the unit.
• Do not dry the filters in direct sunlight or by using a heat source,
such as an electric heater: this may warp them.
• Do not wash the filters in hot water (above 50°C, 122°F), as this may
• Make sure that the air filters are always installed. Operating the unit
without air filters can cause malfunction.
• Before you start cleaning, stop operation and turn OFF the power
• Indoor units are equipped with filters to remove the dust of sucked-
in air. Clean the filters using the methods shown in the following
► F ilter removal
• In removing the filter, precautions must be taken to protect your
eyes from dust. Also, if you have to climb up on a stool to do the
job, be careful not to fall.
• When the filter is removed, do not touch the metallic parts inside
the indoor unit, otherwise injury may result.
1 Slide the levers on the intake grille in the direction indicated by the
arrow and it should open.
2 Open the intake grille.
3 Release the knob on the center edge of the intake grille and pull the
filter forward to remove the filter.
A Intake grille levers B Grille C Intake grille D Filter