Accessories/ Installation Procedure
1. To prevent short circuits, remove the key from the
ignition and disconnect the - terminal of the
2. Make the proper input and output wire
connections for each unit.
3. Connect the wire on the wiring harness.
4. Take Connector B on the wiring harness and
connect it to the speaker connector in your vehicle.
5. Take Connector A on the wiring harness and
connect it to the external power connector on your
6. Connect the wiring harness connector to the unit.
7. Install the unit in your car.
8. Reconnect the - terminal of the battery.
9. Press the reset button.
• If the power is not turned ON ("PROTECT" is displayed),
the speaker wire may have a short-circuit or touched the
chassis of the vehicle and the protection function may
have been activated. Therefore, the speaker wire should be
• If your car is not prepared for this special connection-
system, consult your Kenwood dealer.
• Use a commercially available conversion connector if the
connector does not fit in the vehicle connector.
• Make sure that all wire connections are securely made by
inserting jacks until they lock completely.
• If your vehicle's ignition does not have an ACC position, or
if the ignition wire is connected to a power source with
constant voltage such as a battery wire, the power will not
be linked with the ignition (i.e., it will not turn on and off
along with the ignition). If you want to link the unit's power
with the ignition, connect the ignition wire to a power
source that can be turned on and off with the ignition key.
• If the fuse blows, first make sure that the wires have not
caused a short circuit, then replace the old fuse with one
with the same rating.
• Insulate unconnected wires with vinyl tape or other similar
material. To prevent short circuits, also do not remove
the caps on the ends of the unconnected wires or the
• Connect the speaker wires correctly to the terminals to
which they correspond. The unit may receive damage or fail
to work if you share the - wires and/or ground them to
any metal part in the car.
• After the unit is installed, check whether the brake lamps,
indicators, wipers, etc. on the car are working properly.
• If the console has a lid, make sure to install the unit so
that the faceplate does not hit the lid when closing and
• Mount the unit so that the mounting angle is 30° or less.
If You Want to Connect iPod
• No other optional accessory can be connected because
the USB connector and the AUX input are used for iPod
• Dual Zone System in <Audio Setup> (page 10) will become
KCA-iP200 (Optional accessory)