Using the closed caption feature
The Closed Caption feature has two options:
• Captions—An on-screen display of the dialogue, narration, and
sound effects of programs and videos that are closed-captioned
(usually identified in your local TV listing as "CC").
• Text—An on-screen display of information not related to the
program, such as weather or stock data (if available in your
To view captions or text:
1. Tune the TV to the desired program.
2. Press MENU, and then press
to highlight CC.
C1 C2 C3 C4 T1
T2 T3 T4 [OFF]
to select the desired Closed Caption mode, as
• To view captions, select C1, C2, C3, or C4 (C1 displays
translation of the primary language in your area). Note: If the
program or video you selected is not closed-captioned, no
captions will display on-screen.
The top of the mountain is covered
with snow all the year round.
• To view text, select T1, T2, T3, or T4. Note: If text is not
available in your viewing area, a black rectangle may appear
on-screen. If this happens, set the Closed Caption feature to OFF.
• To turn the Closed Caption feature off, highlight OFF in the
Closed Caption menu.
to highlight the CLOSED
A closed caption signal may not display in the
• When a videotape has been dubbed
• When the signal reception is weak
• When the signal reception is non-
yz x •