Unpack the 50kVA Model UPS (with Casters)
The 4400 UPS is equipped with casters and leveling feet. It is attached to the shipping pallet by unloading rails that can
double as floor anchors during final placement of the UPS.
Carefully inspect the UPS for shipping damage. Units shipped within North America and NAFTA are shrink wrapped.
5. Place the tie brackets in the slots at the
upper and lower ends of the ramps.
6. SLOWLY roll the unit down the ramp.
7. Save the loading rails for anchoring the
UPS. See Section 8.3.
TOP HEAVY EQUIPMENT. THIS EQUIPMENT WILL TIP OVER EASILY
UNTIL FIXED IN PLACE.
Lift and move carefully, and only with adequate equipment and trained
personnel. IMPROPER LIFTING CAN RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH.
1. Remove shrink wrap.
2. Unbolt the Shipping rails on
each side of the base of the
UPS from both the unit and
the shipping pallet.
3. Place the two side (A) and one
center (B) rails on the front of
4. Use the six 1/2 x 3" bolts to
secure the rails to the shipping
FIGURE 4.2: UNSHIPPING 50KVA UPS
4400 Series Installation and Operation Manual – 64527-008