CLOSEMOUNT INSTRUCTIONS (optional)
1. Remove the canopy cover from the bottom of the canopy (Figura 4.1).
2. Remove the three Phillips-head closemount screws from the top of the motor assembly. Then align the canopy with the holes
in the top of the motor assembly. The larger holes in the canopy will encompass the remaining screws. Secure the canopy to
the top of the motor assembly with the previously removed closemount screws (Figura 4.2).
3. Raise the motor assembly and place the canopy on the hook of the mounting bracket to free hands during the wiring process
1. Use wire connnectors to connect household supply and fan wires according to the diagram (Figure 5.1) and the following
• Connect the green wire from the downrod and mounting bracket to the Bare/Green (ground) supply wire. Note: Closemount
installation does not use the downrod, so there will only be two Green wires to connect.
• Connect the White wire from the fan to the White (neutral) supply wire.
• Connect the Black and Blue wires from the fan to the Black (hot) supply wire.
Note: If there is a second hot supply wire in the outlet box, connect it to the blue (light power) fan wire for separate light and
2. Align the canopy over the loosened mounting bracket screws. Place the J-slot of the canopy onto the mount bracket screws
and rotate clockwise (Figure 5.2).
3. Secure the canopy with the two previously removed mounting bracket screws. Tighten all the mounting bracket screws
securely (Figure 5.3).
WARNING: Do NOT wire the
fan motor to a variable-speed
(dimmer) wall control.