Compass direction compensation:
1. Correct earth magnetism to allow the compass to operate normally.
The Centre Unit displays "COM PASS.ADJUST/COM P.ADJ" and enters the earth magnetism
direction setup verification mode.
2. Press the 4 or ¢ button. Automatic compensation starts. Upon entering automatic
compensation, turn the vehicle 360 degrees.
The compensation time lasts less than tw o minutes. (Compensation may not be achievable if
the vehicle does not finish turning 360 degrees w ithin tw o minutes.)
If compensation is completed, the Centre Unit displays "OK".
• If compensation fails, the Centre Unit displays "NG".(If the correction results in "NG", previous correction values remain
as they are. )
• In Adjusting, if you press the
button or the
able to change the Direction Compensation setting.
• When compensating earth magnetism, be sure
to operate the switch while stopped.
• When compensating earth magnetism, set the
steering angle at start and end to 0 (straight)
• If there is no location to revolve 360 degrees,
follow the procedure shown in the following
diagram. However, never make u-turns in heavy
traffic or at intersections since they are
3. About direction compensation
North on the map may not be exactly the same as magnetic pole north in some areas. To
compensate for this discrepancy, find the current region on the map in Figure 1(See back
cover), then set the value entered in for this region.
< Direction compensation>
Press the 4 or ¢ button to perform ± 20-degree direction compensation.
–20 O –15 O –10 O –5 O 0 O + 5 O + 10 O + 15 O + 20
The factory default is 0.
Target directions setup:
When you select the target direction by sw itching direction steps, specify the target direction.
Target direction can be specified from 8 or 16 directions.
O TGT/TARGET N O TGT/TARGET NNW O TGT/TARGET NW O TGT/TARGET WNW O
TGT/TARGET W O TGT/TARGET WSW O TGT/TARGET SW O TGT/TARGET SSW O
TGT/TARGET S O TGT/TARGET SSE O TGT/TARGET SE O TGT/TARGET ESE O
TGT/TARGET E O TGT/TARGET ENE O TGT/TARGET NE O TGT/TARGET NNE O
button, this will forcibly render the status NG, and you will only be
1 Remote control light emitter (cable length:2.5m) ...1
2 Connection cable(ISO AB :0.1m).............................1
3 Connection cable(ISO C :2m)..................................1
Inst alling t he Cont rol U nit
2CA U TION
• When drilling a hole below a seat or inside the trunk, check if there is the gas
tank, brake pipe, or wire harness behind the hole in advance. If so, be careful
not to damage them in any way.
• Do not install the Control Unit on the dashboard, on the rear tray, or near any
safety component such as an air bag.
• When installing the Control Unit on your vehicle, fasten it firmly to a part
where it does not disturb your smooth driving. Otherwise, if the Control Unit
comes off when excessively shocked, it may hit the driver or passenger or a
safety component, resulting in an injury or accident.
• When you have finished installing the Control Unit, make sure that electrical
parts such as the brake lights, turn signals, and windshield wipers work
Inst alling t he KPA -CP1 0 0 (Opt ion)
1. Select the installation position slanting forw ard, backw ard, to
the left, or to the right at angle w ithin 5 degrees, such as on the
2. Use the supplied adhesive double coated tape to fasten the
direction sensor firmly enough to remain fixed during driving,
w ith the up arrow facing right tow ard the front of the vehicle.
2CA U TION
• The direction may not be displayed correctly at the following locations where magnetism is considerably disturbed. It is not an
error or failure.
(Under a land bridge or railway bridge, on a railroad crossing, under high-voltage power cables, near a broadcasting station,
power station, or substation, etc.)
• The direction may change as the windshield wiper swings. In this case, move the direction finder to a position where it is free
of the effect.
• When fastening the direction finder using the adhesive double coated tape, wipe dust, stains, oils, and water off the mounting
surface in advance, then stick it securely not to let it come off during driving.
• Since the direction finder uses terrestrial magnetism, it fails to display the correct direction unless it is installed at a level place
without a magnet or magnetic object around.
• Do not place the following objects near the installation position.
(Magnet, TV, radio antenna, speaker, metal, can, etc.)
Connect ing U nit s
2CA U TION
Follow the precautions below before and w hen connecting units.
• Make sure first that the ignition switch does not have the key inserted. Then, be sure to disconnect the
battery to prevent a short-circuit from happening before connecting units.
• Plug each connector fully into the mating socket.
• Connect the connection cable to the Centre Unit.
• Up to three units can be connected to the centre unit. (This, however, does not include the KCA-S210A if it is connected to the
• When connecting multiple units (such as the Stack CD Changer and
KPA-SS100 , 1998 model DAB), connect the KPA-SD100 directly to the
• The two units, KPA-SD100 and KPA-HD100, cannot be connected
• The total length of the cable between the units should not be more than 13m.
• To add the KPA-CP100 to the system having both of the KPA-SD100 and KPA-SS100 installed, connect the KPA-CP100 to the
• When you have finished connecting all the units, reset the Centre Unit once.
4 Connection cable (2m)......................1
5 Self-tapping screw (Ø4 X16mm) ......4
6 Adhesive double coated tape ...........1
Audio board etc
terminal of the
Not more than 13m