I Virtual CINEMA DSP and SILENT
Virtual CINEMA DSP
Virtual CINEMA DSP allows you to enjoy the sound field
effects of the DSP program without rear speakers. Using
YAMAHA original technology, natural surround
reproduction is possible through the generation of a
The sound field processing is changed to the Virtual
CINEMA DSP mode by setting "1C REAR L/R SP" on
the SET MENU to NONE. Virtual CINEMA DSP is
performed by using the main speakers.
• This unit is not set in the Virtual CINEMA DSP mode even if
"1C REAR L/R SP" is set to NONE in the following cases:
– when the 5CH STEREO, PRO LOGIC/NORMAL, DOLBY
DIGITAL/NORMAL or DTS/NORMAL program is selected;
– when the sound effect is turned off;
– when 6CH INPUT is selected as the input source;
– when 96-kHz sampling digital signals are input to this unit;
– when the Dolby Digital KARAOKE source is played;
– when using the test tone; or
– when connecting the headphones (you will hear SILENT
SILENT CINEMA allows you to enjoy the realistic feel
of the DSP program while using headphones. This feature
delivers powerful surround reproduction just as if
listening through the speakers.
You can listen to SILENT CINEMA by connecting your
headphones to the PHONES jack while the effect
speakers are on.
Normal Stereo Reproduction
Press EFFECT to turn off the sound effect
for normal stereo reproduction.
Press EFFECT again to turn the sound effect back
• If the selector dial is set to a position other than the DSP/TUN
position, first press DSP and then EFFECT on the remote
• If you turn off the sound effect, no sound is output from the
center and rear speakers.
• If you turn off the sound effect while a Dolby Digital or DTS
signal is being output, the dynamic range of the signal is
automatically compressed and the sounds of the center and rear
speaker channels are mixed and output from the main speakers.
• The volume may be greatly reduced when you turn off the
sound effect or if you set "6 D-RANGE" on the SET MENU to
MIN. In this case turn on the sound effect.