If the remote control transmitter operates only when it is closed
to this unit, the batteries are weak. Replace both batteries with
Be sure to replace batteries within about two minutes. If it
takes longer than two minutes, the codes preset for the
remote control transmitter will return to the default codes.
• Use only AA, R6, UM-3 batteries for replacement.
• Be sure the polarities are correct. (See the illustration inside
the battery compartment.)
• Remove the batteries if the remote control transmitter will not
be used for an extended period of time.
• If batteries leak, dispose of them immediately. Avoid touch-
ing the leaked material or letting it come in contact with
clothing, etc. Clean the battery compartment thoroughly
before installing new batteries.
NOTES ABOUT THE REMOTE
Remote control transmitter operation range
• There should be no large obstacles between the remote
control transmitter and this unit.
• If the remote control sensor is directly illuminated by strong
lighting (especially an inverter type of fluorescent lamp etc.),
it might cause the remote control transmitter not to work
correctly. In this case, reposition this unit to avoid direct
3/25/99, 3:55 PM
6 m (20 feet)