• To relocate the unit, turn the power switch off, remove
the power plug from the AC outlet, and remove all con-
necting cables. Damaged cables may cause ﬁre or electri-
• This unit is heavy. Use two or more people to carry it.
• Allow enough free space around the unit for normal
ventilation. This should be: 10 cm at the sides, 30 cm
behind, and 60 cm above.
If the airﬂow is not adequate, the unit will heat up inside
and may cause a ﬁre.
Connector pin assignments
• XLR-type connectors are wired as follows: pin 1: ground,
pin 2: hot (+), and pin 3: cold (–).
Influence on cell phone usage
• Using a mobile telephone near this unit may induce
noise. If noise occurs, use the telephone away from the
– for correct operation –
• Turn off all musical instruments, and audio equipment
when connecting to this unit. Use the correct connecting
cables and connect as speciﬁed.
• Always lower the volume control to minimum before
turning on the power to this unit. A sudden blast of
sound may damage your hearing.
• Do not output distorted sounds for long periods of time,
as this will cause the speaker to heat up, leading to a ﬁre
• Do not raise the volume of headphones or speakers to a
level that makes you feel uncomfortable. Listening to
loud music for long periods can damage your hearing.
• If you know you will not use this unit for a long period
of time, such as when going on vacation, remove the
power plug from the AC outlet. Leaving it connected is a
potential ﬁre hazard.
• To prevent electrical shock when cleaning the unit,
remove the power plug from the AC outlet.
• This speaker is magnetic shielded. However, if a nearby
monitor displays any uneven colors, place it further away
from the monitor.
• You may feel a ﬂow of air in and out of the port on this
unit. This is not abnormal and sometimes occurs when a
program with a lot of bass range is played.
WARNING: THIS APPARATUS MUST BE EARTHED
THE WIRES IN THIS MAINS LEAD ARE COLOURED IN
ACCORDANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING CODE:
As the colours of the wires in the mains lead of this apparatus may
not correspond with the coloured markings identifying the terminals in
your plug, proceed as follows:
The wire which is coloured GREEN and YELLOW must be
connected to the terminal in the plug which is marked by the letter E
or by the safety earth symbol
The wire which is coloured BLUE must be connected to the terminal
which is marked with the letter N or coloured BLACK.
The wire which is coloured BROWN must be connected to the
terminal which is marked with the letter L or coloured RED.
* This applies only to products distributed by YAMAHA KEMBLE
MUSIC (U.K.) LTD.
or coloured GREEN and YELLOW.