PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENT
1. Brake lever free play adjusting nut
2. Brake camshaft lever
4. Axle nut
5. Brake cable
3. Remove the axle nut and washer.
4. Pull the wheel axle out, and then
remove the wheel.
1. Wheel axle
To install the front wheel
1. Install the brake shoe plate into the
wheel hub as shown.
2. Lift the wheel up between the fork
Make sure that the slot in the brake
shoe plate fits over the retainer on the
3. Insert the wheel axle from the right
4. Install the washer and axle nut,
and then tighten the axle nut to the
40 Nm (4.0 m·kgf, 28.9 ft·lbf)
5. Connect the brake cable at the
wheel hub, and then install the
brake cable free play adjusting nut.
6. Adjust the brake lever free play.
(See page 7-15.)
7. Take the motorcycle off the center-
stand so that the front wheel is on