• Copying of the commercially available musical data including but not limited to MIDI data and/or audio data is strictly
prohibited except for your personal use.
• This product incorporates and bundles computer programs and contents in which Yamaha owns copyrights or with
respect to which it has license to use others' copyrights. Such copyrighted materials include, without limitation, all com-
puter software, style ﬁles, MIDI ﬁles, WAVE data, musical scores and sound recordings. Any unauthorized use of such
programs and contents outside of personal use is not permitted under relevant laws.
Any violation of copyright has legal consequences. DON'T MAKE, DISTRIBUTE OR USE ILLEGAL COPIES.
Information about functions/data bundled in the instrument
• Some of the preset songs have been edited for length or arrangement, and may not be exactly the same as the original.
• This device is capable of using various types/formats of music data by optimizing them to the proper format music data
for use with the device in advance. As a result, this device may not play them back precisely as their producers or com-
posers originally intended.
• The bitmap fonts used in this instrument have been provided by and are the property of Ricoh Co., Ltd.
• This product utilizes NF, an embedded Internet browser from ACCESS Co., Ltd. NF may not be separated from this
product, nor may it be sold, lent or transferred in any way. Also, NF may not be reverse-engineered,
reverse-compiled, reverse-assembled or copied.
• This software includes a module developed by the Independent JPEG Group.
• The photos of the harpsichord, bandoneon, hackbrett, music box, dulcimer and cimbalom, shown in the displays of the
Clavinova, are courtesy of the Gakkigaku Shiryokan (Collection for Organolgy), Kunitachi College of Music.
• The following instruments, shown in the displays of the Clavinova, are on display at the Hamamatsu Museum of Musical
Instruments:balafon, gender, kalimba, kanoon, santur, gamelan gong, harp, hand bell, bagpipe, banjo, carillon, mandolin,
oud, pan ﬂute, pungi, rabab, shanai, sitar, steel drum, and tambra.
• (CVP-509/505/503) This product is manufactured under license of U.S. Patents No.5231671, No.5301259, No.5428708,
and No.5567901 from IVL Audio Inc.
• (CVP-509/505) MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson.
CVP-509/505/503/501 Owner's Manual
Notices and Information