(PRINT this set of instructions to follow every time you refill your cartridge)
8R7638/ 8R7659/ 4004 Cartridges
Xj4C/ Document Work Centre 450C/ 4004/ Home
Work Centre Printers/Texas Instruments Micromarc Printers
Items needed: gloves, #2 refill station, hand-drill, Flat aluminum plugs, dye-based
black ink, paper towels, review hints & tips and check list
Unscrew lid on ink bottle. Puncture silver seal with needle top
making a small hole in the center of seal. Tightly screw on dispensing tip. Rinse
dispenser tip before using dispenser tip with another color. Rinse tip with water
until the water runs clear. Pull plastic tip cover off of tip of syringe to pour ink.
1. Make a filling hole on the front of the cartridge 1/2" from the top using the thumb drill
2. Insert the Black Dye filling needle through the hole and push towards the center of the
cartridge. The cartridge contains felt. Stop inserting the syringe when the needle touches
the felt. The needle is in as far as it can go.
3. Slowly inject up to 20 ml. of ink or until ink appears at the filling hole.
4. Seal the filling hole with the aluminum tape provided.
5. Xerox_8R7638 Check the ink flow by gently pressing a dry paper towel against the