Caring For Your Range
Burn, Electrical Shock, Fire And
. Make sure all controls are OFF
and the range is cool before
1 Do not use oven cleaners, bleach
or rust removers.
1 Do not use gasoline or other
flammable liquids or vapors to
clean this or any other appliance.
. Keep the appliance area clear and
free from combustible
gasoline and other flammable
vapors and liquids.
Do not obstruct the flow of
Failure to follow these guidelines
could result in burns, electrical
shock, fire or explosion.
1. Turn control knobs to the OFF
2. Pull control knobs and command
buttons straight off.
3. Wash in warm, soapy water.
4. Rinse well and dry completely. Do
1. Wipe with warm, soapy water or
spray glass cleaner, and a soft
2. Rinse well.
3. Dry with soft cloth.
4. Replace control knobs and
command buttons by pushing them
firmly into place.
NOTE: When cleaning, never use steel
wool, abrasives, or commercial oven
cleaners which may damage the finish.
After cleaning, make sure all control
knobs point to the OFF position. Make
sure you have not turned oven ON when
replacing buttons. If oven has been
turned on, push Set/Cancel button.
1. Make sure all surface burners are
off and the surrounding parts are
2. Lift off the burner grates and
remove reflector pans.
3. Wash the grates and reflector pans
with warm soapy water or in a
dishwasher. Use a non-abrasive
plastic scouring pad for heavily-
soiled areas. Rinse and dry well.
4. Replace reflector pans and burner
1. Remove surface burner grates and
2. Lift front of cooktop enough to
clear front of range. Grasp both
sides of the cooktop, lift and pull
forward to remove.
3. Wipe surface under the cooktop
with warm soapy water. Use a
soap-filled plastic scouring pad on
4. Replace cooktop.
1. Remove the cooktop, following the
2. Wipe off surface burners with
warm, soapy water and a soft cloth
after each use. Use a plastic
scouring pad for cooked-on foods.
3. If ports are clogged, clean with a
straight pin. DO NOT enlarge or
distort the ports. DO NOT use a
toothpick to clean the ports.
Typical top burner flame
4. Occasionally check the burner
flames for proper size and shape as
shown above. If flames lift off ports,
are yellow, or are noisy when
turned off, you may need to clean
the burners (see above), or call a
qualified technician for adjustment.
5. Replace cooktop.
Personal Injury And Product
Do not try to clean under the
cooktop first. The cooktop could
fall and injure you. Do
not drop the cooktop. Damage can
result to the porcelain and the