Check that all parts are now installed. If there is an extra
part, go back through steps to see what was skipped.
Check that you have all of your tools.
Dispose of/recycle all packaging materials.
Be sure the water faucets are on.
Check for leaks around "Y" connector, faucets, and hoses.
Check dryer's final location. Be sure vent is not crushed
Check that dryer is level. See "Level Dryer".
Remove film on console and any tape remaining on dryer.
Wipe dryer drum interior thoroughly with a damp cloth to
remove any dust.
Read "Dryer Use" in your "Use and Care Guide".
If you live in a hard water area, use of a water softener is
recommended to control the buildup of scale through the
water system in the dryer. Over time, the buildup of lime
scale may clog different parts of the water system, which will
reduce product performance. Excessive scale buildup may
lead to the need for certain part replacement or repair.
Plug into a grounded outlet.
Check that gas supply is on.
Check for leaks.
Select a Timed Dry heated cycle, and start dryer. Do not
select Air Only Temperature setting.
If dryer will not start, check the following:
• Controls are set in a running or "On" position.
• Start button has been pushed firmly.
• Dryer is plugged into an outlet and/or electrical supply is
• Household fuse is intact and tight, or circuit breaker has
• Dryer door is closed.
This dryer automatically runs an installation diagnostic routine
at the start of its first cycle.
You may notice an odor when dryer is first heated. This
odor is common when heating element is first used. The odor will
REvERSE DOOR SWING
You can change your door swing from a right-side opening
to a left-side opening, if desired.
1. Place a towel or soft cloth on top of dryer or work space
to avoid damaging the surface.
Remove the door assembly
1. Open the dryer door.
2. Remove the bottom screw (B) from each of the two hinges
that attach dryer door to front panel of dryer.
3. Loosen the top screw (A) from each of the two hinges
in Step 2.
4. Remove the dryer door and the hinges by lifting upward
on the door. Lay the door on a flat, covered surface, with
the inside of the door facing up. Remove remaining two
loose screws from dryer front panel.
5. Remove the 4 plastic plugs (A) located outside the dryer
6. Install 4 plastic plugs (A) into screw holes in the dryer left
where the hinges were removed in Step 4.