ML6425, ML7425 SPRING RETURN ELECTRIC LINEAR VALVE ACTUATORS
The actuator can be checked out either directly or by using a
1. Mount the actuator for the required application; see
2. Check the valve position and make sure that 24 Vac is
correctly applied to the actuator.
3. Apply the power to the appropriate leadwires to move
4. If the actuator does not move, make sure the actuator is
5. If the actuator installation and wiring are both correct
and the actuator does not run, replace the actuator.
Automation and Control Solutions
Honeywell International Inc.
1985 Douglas Drive North
Golden Valley, MN 55422
® U.S. Registered Trademark
© 2007 Honeywell International Inc.
J.I. Rev. 10-07
Honeywell Limited-Honeywell Limitée
35 Dynamic Drive
Toronto, Ontario M1V 4Z9
1. Adjust the setpoint of the controller to call for opening
the valve. Observe the actuator.
2. If the valve is closed, it should begin to open.
3. If the valve remains closed, move the setpoint further
toward the open setting.
4. If the valve does not move, check for 24 Vac in the
actuator power input.
5. If 24 Vac is present and the actuator does not operate,
check the voltage across the controller leadwires to
determine if the device is miswired.
6. If the wiring is correct, 24 Vac is present on the power
input terminals, and the actuator does not run, replace