Cleaning and care
Protect against freezing
If your dishwasher is left in an unheated place during the winter:
1. Cut off electrical power to the dishwasher.
2. Turn off the water supply and disconnect the water inlet pipe from the water valve.
3. Drain water from the inlet pipe and water valve. (Use a pan to catch the water.)
4. Reconnect the water inlet pipe to the water valve.
5. Remove the filter in the tub the bottom and use a sponge sop up any water.
How to maintain your dishwasher
After every wash
• After every wash, turn off the water supply to the appliance and leave the door slightly
ajar so that moisture and odors are not trapped inside.
Remove the plug
• Before cleaning or performing maintenance, always remove the plug from the socket.
No solvents or abrasive cleaners
• To clean the exterior and rubber parts of the dishwasher, do not use solvents or
abrasive cleaning products. Use only a cloth and warm, soapy water. To remove spots
or stains from the surface of the interior, use a cloth dampened with water and a little
white vinegar, or a cleaning product made specifically for dishwashers.
When you go on vacation
• When you go on vacation, we recommend that you run a wash cycle with the
dishwasher empty and then unplug the power cord, turn off the water supply and leave
the door of the appliance slightly ajar. This will help the seals last longer and prevent
odors from forming within the appliance.
Moving the appliance
• If the appliance must be moved, try to keep it in the vertical position. If absolutely
necessary, it can be positioned on its back.
• One of the factors that causes odors to form in the dishwasher is food that remains
trapped in the seals. Periodic cleaning with a damp sponge will prevent this from
12/24/2018 12:16:20 PM