Setting the Reed and Ligature
Slide the mouthpiece onto the body's neck, turning from
side to side. After attaching the mouthpiece, set the reed
and ligature onto the mouthpiece.
• The reed tip is delicate so please take care not to dam-
age it with the ligature, etc.
Slide the ligature onto the mouthpiece from its
Position the reed so that the edge of the mouth-
piece is slightly visible over the reed tip. Tighten
the two screws on the ligature to secure the reed
* Position the ligature so that the tuning fork logo is cen-
tered in the ligature's open space.
• Use the dedicated mouthpiece set (mouthpiece, reed,
ligature) included with this instrument. Failure to do so
can result in sound not being produced properly or other
• Tighten the ligature screws just enough to keep the reed
from moving. Take care not to over-tighten.
• Do not wash this instrument or the instrument interior
with water. Doing so can result in damage to the instru-
• Do not apply grease to the instrument neck. Doing so
can result in damage to the neck.
• When the connection between the neck and the mouth-
piece is getting looser, replace the O-ring with the
included replacement one.
• If over the course of use the tip of the reed is broken off
or the reed becomes disfigured, replace it with the
included replacement reed.
• Sound does not stop.
- Try turning the power on again.
- Fluid remaining on the hole inside the mouthpiece
Size (W x D x H) 699 mm (W) × 110 mm (D) × 103 mm (H)
* The contents of this manual apply to the latest specifica-
joint may result in the sound not stopping. Remove
fluid from the hole by using a slim cotton swab.
Bluetooth version: 4.2
Supported profile: A2DP
Complies with Bluetooth Low Energy
Wireless output: Bluetooth Class 2
Maximum communication distance:
About 10 m
Radio frequency (Operation frequency):
2,402 to 2,480 MHz
Maximum output power (EIRP): 4 dBm
Type of modulation: FHSS
USB AC adaptor: 5 V / 1 A
Self-powered USB hub: 5 V / 1 A
Four "AAA" size alkaline (LR3) or
Ni-MH rechargeable (HR3) batteries
4.5 W (when using a USB AC adaptor)
1.0 kg (not including batteries)
tions as of the publishing date. To obtain the latest man-
ual, access the Yamaha website then download the
Since specifications, equipment or separately sold
accessories may not be the same in every locale, please
check with your Yamaha dealer.
YDS-150 Owner's Manual