6. HINTS AND TIPS
6.1 Normal operating sounds
The following sounds are normal during
• A faint gurgling and bubbling sound
from coils sound when refrigerant is
• A whirring and pulsating sound from
the compressor when refrigerant is
• A sudden cracking noise from inside
appliance caused by thermic
dilatation (a natural and not
dangerous physical phenomenon).
• A faint click noise from the
temperature regulator when the
compressor switches on or off.
6.2 Hints for energy saving
• Do not open the door frequently or
leave it open longer than absolutely
• Do not remove the cold accumulators
from the freezer basket.
6.3 Hints for freezing
• Freeze only top quality, fresh and
thoroughly cleaned food products.
• For more efficient freezing and
thawing divide food into small
7. CARE AND CLEANING
Refer to Safety chapters.
7.1 General warnings
Unplug the appliance before
carrying out any
This appliance contains
hydrocarbons in its cooling
unit; maintenance and
recharging must therefore
only be carried out by
• Wrap the food in aluminium foil or
polythene. Make sure that the
packages are airtight.
• To avoid increase in temperature of
already frozen food, do not place
fresh unfrozen food directly next to it.
• Lean foods store better and longer
than fatty ones. Salt reduces the
storage life of food.
• Do not eat ice cubes, water ices or ice
lollies immediately after taking them
out of the freezer. Risk of frostbites.
• It is advisable to show the freezing
date on each individual pack to
enable you to keep tab of the storage
6.4 Hints for storage of frozen
• Make sure that the commercially
frozen food products were adequately
stored by the retailer.
• Make sure that frozen foodstuffs are
transferred from the food store to the
freezer in the shortest possible time.
• Once defrosted, food deteriorates
rapidly and cannot be refrozen.
• Do not exceed the storage period
indicated by the food manufacturer.
The accessories and parts of
the appliance are not
suitable for washing in a
7.2 Periodic cleaning
Do not pull, move or
damage any pipes and/or
cables inside the appliance.
Do not damage the cooling