The table below contains general guidelines on the storage of food in
Crisper bin (salad bin)
• Fridge shelf – bottom
• Chiller bin
Fridge shelf – middle
Fridge shelf – top
Type of food
• Foods with natural preservatives, such
as jams, juices, drinks, condiments.
• Do not store perishable foods.
• Fruits, herbs and vegetables should be
placed separately in the crisper bin.
• Do not store bananas, onions,
potatoes, garlic in the refrigerator.
Raw meat, poultry, fish (for short-term
Dairy products, eggs
Foods that do not need cooking, such as
ready-to-eat foods, deli meats, leftovers.
• Foods for long-term storage.
• Bottom drawer/shelf for raw meat,
• Middle drawer/shelf for frozen
• Top drawer/shelf for ice cream, frozen
fruit, frozen baked goods.